Tuesday, January 27, 2009

twenty days...

A friend of mine started a blog the other day. He told me about it. I like it. It reminds me of those days a couple of years ago, I wouldn't say they were better, or more exciting, but they were different. There are routines, and they change. There are constant faces, and they change. There are pets, kitchens, jobs, loves, fears, desires, destinations and dream vacations, and they all change.

This lack of writing is really frustrating, and I'm the only one to blame. There are hundreds of unused minutes in every day. If I string them together I can find all the time in the world to do anything.

In honor of my friends list, a list of things that have happened to me in the last twenty days.

  1. I smashed my finger.
  2. I saw mostly naked pictures of a co-worker.
  3. I won a party.
  4. I celebrated a birthday for someone I couldn't pick out of a lineup.
  5. I rode bicycles to a bar, and back.
  6. I cooked Falafel.
  7. I got Noam Chomskitty high.
  8. I wrote a song.
  9. I made a mix.
  10. I slow danced in the kitchen.
  11. I received a large tip from a man with a leprechaun voice.
  12. I surprised a friend in Long Beach.
  13. I went back to SDSU.
  14. I got into a shouting match.
  15. I made pigs-in-a-blanket.
  16. I saw a new band comprised of 2 people I really respect and a third I should.
  17. I saw Andrew Jackson Jihad at a punk house, for the second year in a row, and made new friends.
  18. I have a new President.
  19. I hung out with a wonderful dog named pancakes.
  20. I failed at making Magic Rocks. Sorry Imperceptible.
Tonight, I will listen to a friends radio show, drink beer, cook spinach enchiladas and kiss a beautiful women.

I am busy, and happy.

0 comments: