Sunday, September 02, 2007

a post that was started two days ago


My computer is next to my bed. It is on an upsidedown milk crate. (They were out of cinderblock.) A night or two ago I decided that instead of sleeping I would drink a 32oz beer and try to find something on the internet about the Antelope Valley that would make me want to stay, or at least appreciate it. My jumping off place was Flickr. I searched through tags, looked at profiles, went to people's myspace profiles, went to their blogs, looked at groups and sets, picture after picture after picture.

I had seen it all before.

I'm ok with it, actually. The Antelope Valley is familiar. Too familiar. There are probably little pockets of interesting that I haven't found, but I don't even care to look anymore. It is the same people doing the same things in the same places.

I know that my new home will eventually become the same thing, but there is the possibility of it not turning into that for at least a year, and that seems nice.

There was a fire down the street today, that was nice.

3 comments:

Whit said...

I can still smell it, unless it's another fire. That's something exciting about the AV, there are always fires, meth labs mostly.

Anonymous said...

Don't try to find reasons to stay! wtf?

Just GET OUT MAN!

ImPerceptible said...

People ask me why I never go home.

I spent enough of my life there.

Doesn't stop me from wanting to see pictures and remember though.