Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rush?

So there is this gentlemen who likes to talk on the radio and express sentiments I don't agree with. He is a bastard. I knew people who got his newsletter. I knew people who watched his television show. Most of them were closet racists. Apparently he said something about phony soldiers that if you missed it is hard to find in context. Also, from what I read, there are a bunch of cunts in ties authoring legislation to condemn said fat bastard. Don't get me wrong, I don't use cunt gender specifically. If you are a cunt, you are a cunt, male or female, sorry. If the cunt fits...

Anyways.

There seem to be a group of people who make decisions, or lack thereof, in our country who would rather spend their time creating glorified extra large going away cards for a piece of shit who spreads his subtly racist rhetoric to a group of people who spend most of their time in cars then actually do anything in terms of making the U.S. a better place to live.

I know, I know, the United States is the best place to live in the world. I'm just saying.

So you have a man with a microphone, and he talks shit, into the car stereos of people who, if they could, would dress and act like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down" every Friday instead of wearing Tommy Bahama shirts. And then there are a group of people, who are are about as effective as abstinence education, holding press conferences about how horrible this bastard is and how he never served in the military and he doesn't support the troops and blah blah blah.

This is a guess based on some quick research - combining the house and senate, about 29% of them spent time in the military...

All of this gets pretty redundant at this point. You have people who didn't/don't support troops or the idea of serving accusing people of not supporting troops or the idea of serving.

Let's be honest, they are all assholes, and they don't give a fuck about you or me.

You know how I know?

Every year from 1995 to 2005 there was somewhere between a 2% and 3% raise for members of our government.

LOOK.

It must be pretty rad to make 160,000 bucks every year. And it must be awesome to get a raise every year, especially when it is 4000 dollars. Or about that, sorry. When was the last time you got that sort of raise?

Fuck Mr. Limbaugh. Fuck Mr Distinguished Gentlemen from Wherever. And Fuck us, because we are fucked.

Shots anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people are closet racists.

I don't mind a good honest racist.

What I can't stand are British ladies and gentlemen who vote for the Liberal Democrats and believe that makes them especially enlightened, but can't name a single friend or neighbour who isn't white, would freak out if Pakis moved in next door and would have a private little breakdown if their daughter married a black guy.

I have far more time for Neo-Nazis, seriously.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Sorry my rant was tangential, rather than strictly on topic. You can punish me later.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amelia. People who make sweeping generalizations about other cultures after having only limited experience really disappoint me.

Ahem

Anonymous said...

Dan - I am British.

Anonymous said...

Culture and race aren't the same thing anyway.

Judging somebody on the colour of their skin is wrong. Judging a culture because it leaves a lot to be desired is legitimate.

Skin colour can't and shouldn't change. Culture can and should evolve.