Monday, February 25, 2008

the trinty of blog posts. -mix, update, video day


Three things in one day. Pretty exciting.

When I was moving out here to Chicago a friend from high school said all road trips should have The Weight by The Band as part of the soundtrack. So as I embark on another path in life, I figure I'll start it out with that. My time in Chicago has come to an end. Come sunday around 11 am I will be a California resident. I am moving back into my old room. I don't have a job. I don't have a car. I don't have a bike. These things will work themselves out when I get there.

I could probably explain why I am going back, but I also can't. It is pretty much everything. I'll get in to specifics, but till then I have this mix. It might help explain. I fly on sunday, keep your fingers crossed for turbulence.

some things in my head - mix - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4N4007AZ
Last Songs - The Gunshy
Attention All Pickpockets - the Mountain Goats
3am Qvc Shopping Spree Hangover - The Lawrence Arms
Francie Nolan - Lifetime
Tire Swing - Kimya Dawson
Get Big - Okkervil River
The Black And The Red - One Reason
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
One More Time - Joe Jackson
People II: The Reckoning - Andrew Jackson Jihad
Bring on the Dancing Horses - Echo & the Bunnymen
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? - The Gaslight Anthem
P.S. New York Is Burning - Jawbreaker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh?

You've been there all of five minutes.

I really don't know what to say.

ImPerceptible said...

I've been saving this for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B3LpeMF-I4A

I hope you get enough turbulance to get it out of your system on your way home.

*hugs*

Frowning Bill said...

Damn the torpedoes! I bought you a ticket to Teenage Bottlerocket. My head hurts. I don't know why I felt I needed to tell you this here.

coleman said...

Call me shallow, but the "i know what it feels like to be breasts" posts was worth moving 2000 miles.