Tuesday, April 29, 2008

About that picture


We went walking from her parents house down to the beach. We drank some beer and some brandy. We accidentally interrupted another couple enjoying the moonlit night. We stood a few hundred feet from the spot on the beach where the picture on the top of this blog was taken.

I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a ring. I didn't have an idea what the reaction would be. But I did it anyway. I got on both knees and asked her to marry me. If one is good, then two should be better, yeah? And she said yes. It was 1:16 in the morning. And only us, the moon, and the oceans knew.

I woke up in the morning, and we were both curious if we were still going to do it. We were. And we are. Phone calls were made to parents and the closest friends. Text messages and emails about the news were sent out. And now you know too.

If you read this, you are invited. We seem to be aiming for May of next year. When the official date comes, you will know. And you will get to see Whit marry people, in person!

So I'm going to start planning a wedding, you should start planning your next visit to California.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Yea!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This totally made my day! CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful news.

Brandon said...

Congratulations! Nicely done.

ImPerceptible said...

My sweethearts getting married!

Congratulations! What a sweet proposal. I'll have to start saving my pennies for a flight.

Yaniv said...

Congratulations!

Will Whit be officiating?