Sunday, May 18, 2008

lights of the (sort of) city

I am supposed to be asleep. I have a meeting at work in 5ish hours. I was supposed to be working tonight, but I didn't. Somedays you get sick. Somedays you pretend.

I'm looking out of my new window. There is also another window to my right. Both of them show lights. A shopping center. An intersection. A gas station. A liquor store.

It is pretty hot in my house, even now, at 1:32 in the morning. I have a bed made up in the living room, with a fan blowing on it, with a beautiful woman in it. I should be in it.

Something about all of this makes me feel really old.

The cursor sat there blinking at me. I could do nothing about it. I'm going to try to sleep. I'll get to what all this nonsense is about later.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a meeting about burritos at 6.30 in the morning? That seems out of all proportion to the urgency usually associated with Mexican food. Do you make burritos for International Peace-Keeping Forces? For the U.N.? For... Obama?

Hope things are okay with your girl. Your post makes it sound like you might be in the doghouse.