Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the tyranny of winks

;) - that is a wink.

What does that mean? It's not like a live wink, where I know if you want to fuck me or punch me or steal my wallet. You could mean one of those things, or all of those things, or none at all.

So what to do?

I ignore it, usually. Sometimes I throw it back. Like "Oh, really? Well, I feel that way too!" Too bad I have no idea if I do feel that way or not.

I am more of a sarcastic winker, I think.

Actually, I am just trying to keep up with the winking Joneses. I pretend that whatever you think I meant was what I actually meant.

Now I have some winking text messages to send, ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to read a book - Men Who Think Too Much

Anonymous said...

Men Who Wink Too Much?

Anonymous said...

Men Who W...

Okay nevermind.

Unknown said...

Emoticons in general make me want to punch myself in the face. Especially when somebody tacks one on to the end of a particularly rude statement, as if to say, "yeah, I just said this shitty thing to you or about you, but it's okay since I'm putting this little smiley here after it. Isn't that the cutest?" Like southern women ending everything with "bless your heart."

Anonymous said...

I usually wink as a gesture to say that I am kidding or being silly so no one takes me too seriously.