Saturday, June 09, 2007

goodbye...

This is Big Dog. I met him 7 years ago. He was my step-dad's dog, but he soon became mine. I wasn't a dog person growing up. We had cats. Big Dog helped me to see how awesome dogs can be. I have great memories from living with him in both Lancaster and Sacramento. Big Dog passed away yesterday. They think he ate some wild mushrooms (which happen to be poisonous) that had popped up around Oregon. I will miss you Big Dog. I already do.

7 comments:

Whit said...

From a dog guy, I'm sorry to hear that.

Bobb said...

this sucks. i'm sorry.

Dan said...

It's always very hard when a beloved dog dies. I'm sorry.

ImPerceptible said...

It's tough to loose a pet. I'm sorry.

lexa said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Big Dog looks much like my beloved Jack Dog who died very unexpectedly about 2 years ago. My heart goes out to you.

the domestic minx said...

Oh baby...

Big Dog looks so beautiful.
What a horrible and heartbreaking loss. I am terribly sad for you and feel your pain.
I am in love with both my darling pets and would require a frontal lobotomy if anything were to happen to them.

xx

Island Girl said...

I'm really sorry!

I don't really know what to say.