Saturday, June 16, 2007

what are YOU doing...

sorry, no picture.

I find myself standing in my doorway at night. Usually music is playing, a drink is in my hand, and sometimes I am sending messages on my cell phone. And I am standing there, or leaning, depending on how far advanced into the evening I am. And I am waiting.

I LOVE unexpected visits.

Every night I think this will be the time when someone decides to show up unannounced and hang out. We'll drink beers, or do shots, or talk about politics, or dance, or make out, or fall in love, or yell at each other, or just plain live.

But I end up standing there, and no one shows. And no one calls. And no one sends text messages. And no one sends emails.

I love my friends, and they are always there and always show up. It's the others I would like to see more often.

More drinks for me, have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could send an email if you like! I don't like to talk about politics though.

Henri said...

Yeah I do the same thing, except it's at the door to my bar, the one I built inside my house when I found out I was having kids, but when strangers show up I usually have to punch them in the face...for like breaking into my house and all.

ImPerceptible said...

If it helps I had a dream about you last night. We were sitting in Wendy's eating salad. Whit was mad about the chili. I'm not sure what was wrong with it. Then somehow we ended up with my grandfather pulling up crab pots. I think we were having a crab feast. Who knows.

You can e-mail me anytime. I'm usually not up when it's late in CA because thats really late here. So it might not help. :(

Whit said...

was there a thumb in it? or was I mad at Chili's?

anthony said...

email's are always welcome. We were supposed to build a bar in this house, but I think we spend too many nights thinking we have one to get anything done.

Anonymous said...

Your email is busted, yo. Firefox cannot locate you; you are in the void.